The U.S. Embassy in N’Djamena informs U.S. citizens that the Embassy and Consular Section will be closed on Monday, October 9, 2017 in observance of the American holiday Columbus Day.
For emergency services, U.S. Citizens in Chad should call our 24/7 phone line +235 63 51 78 00.
The U.S. Embassy advises U.S. citizens to review and follow the guidance in the Travel Warning for Chad, and remain alert for potentially dangerous situations. U.S. citizens are reminded to exercise caution throughout Chad, and maintain vigilance in daily affairs, even when visiting familiar locations.
For further information:
- See the website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Country Specific Information for Chad.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Effective June 12, 2017 the U.S. Embassy in Chad is located at the Chagoua Round- Point and can be reached at + (235) 22 51 50 17 from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +235 63 51 78 00.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Note: The timestamp on this e-mail message may reflect Washington, D.C., time, which may differ from local time.